Sunday, January 18, 2009

Life's Little Rewards

Okay, you can all give me grief for not being more current with my blog....As I like to say when things slip by the wayside... "Life gets in the way!" The holidays were awesome..my family came to South Florida to celebrate and they all stayed at my house! I felt like Cinderella! For 8-days all I did was clean, cook, wash clothes and entertain.... but it was well worth it.... Now onto more current events...Nothing makes a woman prouder than the success of her children. For some that may mean a child gets a "B" on a test a school, he learns to ride his bike, or maybe she gets accepted into med school.....For me, both my children have always made me proud..my oldest, Samantha, is about to graduate high school and enter the collegiate world..quite exciting, yet very scary! (more on that at a later date!) But just the other night, my youngest, Caroline, finally got to see the rewards for her years of horseback riding. We attended the Palm Beach County Horseman's Association Awards banquet at Broken Sound Country Club in Boca.(nice joint!) I knew she would receive an award because she had finished with the most points in her division (Pony Jumpers)......but I never expected the size of that reward! As you can see from the picture, the trophy was almost as tall as Caroline! (she's 4-feet, 8-inches) She was delighted and smiled from ear to ear. But she wasn't the only one smiling. I was as proud as a mother could be. My little girl, after years of lessons, had finally taken home the trophy she had always dreamed of: Champion!! The smile on her face was priceless and one that will remain in the recesses of my brain for an eternity. Her trainer, TJ, has taken my little girl from a novice to a superb equestrian, and for that, I will always be grateful! (see picture of Caroline with TJ..above, right) By the way, Caroline was so excited about the award, that she actually slept with it! Today, it sits on a special shelf in her bedroom! It's a great accessory and one that will always bring fond memories when I do my least favorite chore: dusting! Thank goodness for the little rewards that life has to offer.

No comments: