Monday, October 27, 2008

Ghosts, Witches, Nuns and Spots!


Our "Simply Wicked 2" Party on Saturday night at Bradley's in downtown West Palm was a huge success. Hundreds showed up to dance, drink and strut their stuff in their incredible costumes. I decided to go a little over the top. Bill Ryan had mentioned that I should go as Cruella De Ville from 101 Dalmatians.....after some thought, I figured it would be a perfect costume. I secured the talents of by bestest friend, Teresa, to handle the make-up and hair.....she's incredible when it comes to hair and make-up ....I picked up my costume and threw in all the accessories, bejeweled cigarette holder, spotted handbag, black high heels, black stockings, a red and black necklace and earrings! BUT, the make-up and hair were the key....I needed to look like Cruella....Teresa did not disappoint. After about 1-hour in her chair, 3 layers of pale make-up, a pound of face powder, fake eyelashes, a tube of mascara, a can of "freeze" hairspray, a can of white spray-on hair color, a can of black spray-on hair color, bright red non-smudge lipstick and then another can of "freeze" hairspray...I was ready!! I even scared myself!..... My husband, Tim, was a real sport, donning a nun outfit with a little bit of smudged lipstick thrown in for the effect....We were ready to take on Clematis Street and Bradley's! ....As we strolled along Clematis, little children saw me and ran for cover... some cried, some screamed, others just stared in fear! I felt terrible for being this frightening mess, but at the same time I knew the costume was better than even I had imagined. My husband, unfazed, held my hand and walked proudly by my side...What a guy!! As we entered Bradley's, I couldn't wait to see the expression on every one's face. Danny was the best..he just stared in awe! Bill was thrilled that I had taken his suggestion and Deena was amazed at the make-up! I was amazed at how HOT it was...I think I lost 5-pounds! (that' a benefit I wasn't banking on!) I also learned that when you wear a costume, that's character's personality takes over! I found myself being more evil than usual and enjoying scaring the children! I was Cruella!! Her persona had taken over and I relished in it.... Yikes....who knows how many people I ticked off.....Maybe next year, I'll go as "Glenda the Good Witch" from the Wizard of Oz...then again...forget that....evil becomes me!!




1 comment: