Thursday, April 2, 2009

A new Visitor


Okay, call me crazy..but I think our newest visitor at our home is so ugly, he's cute. Meet, Petey the opossum! My girls woke me up screaming the other night after finding Petey perched on the outside counter, enjoying the cat's food! Samantha and Caroline managed to snap this picture of the marsupial...his teeth are ridiculously sharp and long. Caroline, my youngest, wants to domesticate Petey and bring him inside to enjoy the comforts of tv and air conditioning. Sam wants to take him for a very long ride. Tim, my husband, loaded the gun when he saw him...me, I've decided to move the cat food. Sorry Petey!

1 comment:

Terry said...

I've got one in my barn. They are in the same family as the Kangaroo. They carry their youngs in a pouch and when 5 weeks old they shake them loose. Gone to fend for themselves. They only last about 2 years or so. If domisticated they can sit out on the sofa with you like a dog or cat.