Sunday, April 5, 2009

Vicarious Life










They say you live your life vicariously through your children's lives....I never thought I would agree with that statement, but as my children get older and more accomplished, I'm starting to be that "vicarious" mother! Case in point, my oldest daughter, Samantha, can sing, dance and perform. I always wanted to be able to carry a tune, star in a play or dance my heart out at a club. But, I never had the talent to do any of the aforementioned, but my daughter..she's a pro! So I enjoy watching her perform in musicals and beaming with pride over her accomplishments... My youngest, Caroline, competes in horse shows. She's been able to master levels that I only dreamed of as a child and as an adult! This weekend, she mastered jumping 3-feet on her pony in the jumper division in Wellington. She took home five 1st place ribbons and one 2nd place.....and Grand Champion for her division. I was being with pride...To make the winning even sweeter..she competes on a pony against horses twice as large as her little "Big Bucks.! Who says the small aren't mighty? Here's a few shots of Caroline and Big Bucks in action....See why I'm so proud!!


No comments: