Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Petey's Staying


A few weeks ago I told you about an opossum who had showed up one night on my back porch counter. My daughters woke me up at midnight to show me the newest creature attempting to call our home, his!! My oldest thought the opossum was disgusting, my youngest wanted to take him in her bedroom (guess which daughter is like me?) Well, now Petey has become a regular at our home. Each night we wait for his arrival...and true to form, Petey shows up around 9pm looking for that free meal. If his bowl is empty, he'll just sit patiently and wait for me to come to his rescue..and yes, he plays opossum when he's afraid! I guess we have adopted this ugly, yet loving creature. We're all working on getting Petey to be a little less afraid. Right now I can touch him without him freaking out....who knows, by next week..he may be sleeping in my daughter's bed!!


1 comment:

Terry said...

Welcome home Petey!!! You guys will love this new creature trust me.