Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ellen's headed to Idol!


I'm thrilled...Ellen DeGeneres is dancing her way onto "American Idol," replacing Paula Abdul as the show's 4th-judge. Ellen will join Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi for the 9th-season in January. Don't panic, she'll still host her tv talk show...But as usual I suspect there's a financial reason for Idol...in recent years, Idol's ratings and viewership have dropped, not significantly, but enough to worry producers. So what better way to boost ratings and viewership than to bring in the ever lovable Ellen? Kids love her as the voice of Dori from "Finding Nemo," women love her, gays love her..everyone loves Ellen...I'm sure Idol producers are hoping all of Ellen's worshippers will follow her to Idol, thus increasing viewership, ratings and ultimately, the bottom financial line... I will be one of those followers and start watching "Idol" once again....will you be joining me?

No comments: